Convert .msg to .eml

I moved my e-Mail from Microsoft Outlook to use in Thunderbird. All the old e-Mails that I saved from Microsoft Outlook are in .msg format.

To read .msg using Thunderbird is not possible, at least for now.

So, we need to convert from .msg to .eml

By the way, there are many tools available to use but most of them have price.

===============
E-Mail-Converter

I found one that is shareware name "E-Mail-Converter". It's just fine. Has some bugs though. Usable.

The important restriction is that you cannot have space or too long file name in the .msg file when you want to convert.

Try it from http://www.sharewareconnection.com/e-mail-converter.htm

Unfortunately, when I remove Microsoft Office from my computer and try to open E-Mail-Converter program again. It shows pop-up that it need Microsoft Outlook which I don't want to use the Outlook program any more. :(








========================
outlookEMLandMSGconverter

One I ran the program, unhandled exception occurred. :( Cannot use at all.
















===============================
Viewer for MS Outlook Message (*.msg)

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Email_Tools/Mail_Encoders_Decoders/Viewer_for_MS_Outlook_Messages___msg__Download.html














Trial period: 30 days
Trial Version Restriction
- Cannot save the attachment.
Installation: Unzip files
Comment:
- Able to view .msg file
- Able to view the attached file
- Able to save as .eml

===============
MsgViewer
It's commercial product. Expired. :(

I will have to find out the better one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft Visio: How to set default font

LINE: Change the contact name

Microsoft Word: Make picture background to be transparent